Looking For Work
If you are looking for work our partners can provide a range of advice and support to help you get back into employment. Take a look at the latest vacancies across Greater Manchester.
In addition, Skills Support For Employment can help you take your next steps into work and provide support with:
- Tailored one-to-one support based around your individual needs
- A dedicated learning mentor to support you every step of the way
- Careers advice and pre-employment support – such as help with writing the perfect CV and some expert tips to impress at job interviews
- Opportunities to gain free, accredited qualifications that will help you to secure employment in your chosen industry
- Help with job applications
Find out more about Skills Support For Employment
In addition to the above, if you have been made redundant, we have a dedicated support service which can help you with short-term advice and guidance, and longer-term planning. This includes:
- Digital and telephone redundancy support, funding advice and careers advice
- Linking you with Jobcentre Plus for their Rapid Response to redundancy service
- Supporting you to manage your career digitally
- Online training support and advice
Contact the National Careers Service on
End of the Job Retention Scheme (Furloughed) Support
As the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme winds down, some businesses may have to make redundancies. This guide provides information on planning, the redundancy process and support for employers and employees.
View the guide here
Are you a retail business?
If you are a retail business you can see more resources to support you and your business at GC Business Growth Hub.
Smart Works is available to help support with interview skills and preparing for job roles. Their virtual service consists of a one to one personalised hour of video or phone coaching with one our volunteer coaches.