Support for employers
Healthcare workers are needed now more than ever before, and we understand that healthcare businesses across Greater Manchester are under pressure to increase staff and deliver the best care possible. Finding the right talent at speed can seem like a daunting task, particularly in the face of increasing demand. However, Skills Support for Employment can help you to quickly recruit skilled, enthusiastic healthcare workers.
We can provide healthcare organisations with the following support:
- Advertising temporary roles through our in-house recruitment agency
- Screening and recruiting staff from a varied talent pool across the city-region
- Training new recruits prior to them being onboarded into your business so they can hit the ground running
- Encouraging people local to your business to consider a career in health and social care
Support for individuals
If you’re looking to begin your career within healthcare, Skills Support for Employment can provide fully funded, accredited training to help you if you’ve found yourself out of work as a result of the pandemic. Accessing Skills Support for Employment enables you to undertake a level 1 certificate for skills for working in the health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings. The qualification covers a wide range of topics including:
- Safeguarding adults and children
- Abuse and neglect
- Person-centred care
- Assertive behaviour
- Work/life balance
- Presentation skills
- Interview skill and applying for vacancies
- Improving self-confidence
Health and social care is among the sectors experiencing the most demand for additional staff during the Coronavirus crisis.
NHS Jobs is seeking people to fill a range of roles specific to COVID-19, including domestic cleaners, staff nurses, psychological wellbeing practitioners, infection prevention and control nurses and GPs.
The Well Pharmacy is another employer with opportunities in and around Greater Manchester, with 100 roles within central Manchester at the time of writing.
A full selection of health and social care organisations who may have employment opportunities include: